Officers of the College:
- Karim Rebeiz, PhD Dean of the College
Aligning with Phoenicia University’s commitment to be an excellent, engaged, and accessible higher education institute, The College of Business (COB) at Phoenicia University (PU) contributes to the growth and development of the University’s business community by supporting learning in the workplace and community (LiWC) through mutual partnerships with key stakeholders in the business industry in Lebanon and the region, and providing rich business educational experiences and opportunities. The College aims to go well-beyond procedural knowledge and to arm students with the critical knowledge, capabilities, and competencies that local, regional, and international marketplaces demand. Each program in the College of Business is carefully designed to promote the development of highly-skilled and competent personnel needed by the business community.
The College is led by the Dean who oversees three departments: Department of Accounting and Finance, Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship and Department of Operations and Human Capital Management.
Currently, the College of Business offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree covers the following specialty areas:
• Accounting and Finance
• Marketing and Entrepreneurship
• Operations and Human Capital Management
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program offers students a range of concentration areas to choose from, such as:
- Money and Banking
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
In a rapidly changing global world and industry, the College strives to develop students’ citizenship in business thinking and rhetoric to become job-ready graduates and lifelong learners. The College works on sustaining quality education and teaching excellence in the various business fields it offers.
- Develop students’ procedural knowledge, procedural fluency and flexibility, and conceptual understanding of the various business disciplines where students develop theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and technical capabilities in such disciplines
- Develop students’ critical reading of the various business issues and to develop effective, efficient, and sustainable solutions to real-world business challenges and problems
- Improve students’ verbal and non-verbal business communication skills and to teach them how to convey their thoughts and ideas successfully
- Encourage students to think strategically and to be able to integrate all functional areas when making strategic decisions through detailed internal and external environmental scanning
- Prompt students’ appreciation of professional responsibilities and ethical conduct relevant to core business areas such as marketing, finance, human capital management, accounting, managerial economics, information systems, and strategic management, accounting, managerial economics, information systems, and strategic management
- Develop students’ ICT skills along with their intercultural and cross-cultural skills and knowledge
- Prompt students’ critical thinking and decision-making skills as they develop their managerial and leadership capabilities
- Develop students’ lifelong learning skills
The College of Business offers the following degrees: