Officers of the College:
- Ahmad Samarji, PhD Assistant Dean
The College of Arts and Sciences is the intellectual core of Phoenicia University, emphasizing fundamental knowledge in the arts, humanities, natural, physical and social sciences and offering academic programs in specific disciplines. Dedicated to excellence in teaching, learning and research, the College aims to contribute to sustainable socioeconomic development in Lebanon and in the region, by graduating effective communicators, lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and innovative, responsible citizens. In addition to its main role, the College plays a dual role by facilitating the delivery of a number of electives and major electives (e.g. English, statistics, public speaking, and civilization courses) for various programs across all colleges.
The College is led by a Dean who oversees four departments: Department of Basic Sciences, Department of Humanities, Department of Mathematics and Informatics and, Department of Social Sciences.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) offers a variety of academic programs, as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication and Social Media
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Informatics/Computer Science
- Post-Bachelor Teaching Diploma (TD) in
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
The mission of the College of Arts and Sciences is to offer a solid liberal arts education across the humanities, social sciences, and physical and natural sciences. The College's goal is to prompt students to think critically, rationally, and creatively; to communicate clearly, correctly, and persuasively; to gather and interpret data; and to actively engage as highly ethical and global citizens in an increasingly complex and rapidly changing world.
- Cultivate PU students’ interdisciplinary perspectives and prepare them for a lifetime of critical inquiry and learning by offering courses in humanities, basic and applied sciences, and social sciences
- Develop students’ generic skills such as effective oral and written communication skills, ICT skills, critical thinking, and international and intercultural skills and knowledge (IAISK)
- Equip students with the requisite knowledge, skills, and dispositions to become lifelong learners, analytical thinkers, and problem solvers
- Enhance students’ intellectual and moral capabilities and their sense of self-confidence, professional and civic responsibility
- Support faculty members’ research inquiries across various disciplines
- Partner with the local community through a variety of programs and activities
The College of Arts and Sciences offers the following degrees: